Ok, people. I'm stepping into the blogosphere. I'm actually pretty excited to be here. I have to be honest, it wasn't that long ago that the idea of owning real estate on the internet and sharing my thoughts, my experiences, my successes, and the lessons I've learned from the times when I've stumbled seemed scary and a bit overwhelming...for a few reasons.
- How will I ever come up with valuable things to say?
- How in the world will I get anyone to read what I write?
- I feel so far behind the curve and I might have a steep learning curve.
Guess what, I'm still here and those fears haven't gone away. My guess is that many people have experienced those thoughts when challenged to create something to be share with others. As Jack Canfield, the author of Chicken Soup for the Soul said, "Everything you want is on the other side of fear." What I want is to make an impact on the people whose paths cross mine, to live as authentically as possible, and to be creative and inspire it in others. So...
- If I listen to my clients, friends, and colleagues and get truly curious I'll never run out of things to write about. People are so f#^% fascinating.
- I don't have to get people to do anything. If I focus on creating something worthwhile and sharing it consistently my people will rise to the surface.
- SO WHAT! Every time I teach myself how to do something new I feel awesome. Bring it.
I'm here to face my fears, get it going rather than getting it perfect, and to share my voice. I promise:
- To be messy and imperfect
- To sometimes have funky punctuation;
- To curse a bit
- To say things that feel embarrassing and to share my victories
Now I just need to get the nerve up to press publish.